Home MaintenanceHomeownersPortland Real Estatereal estate market activity February 21, 2017

Plumbers…be ready for next time!

We were lucky and didn’t have any frozen or broken pipes. If you do, I think the best course of action is to call a plumber. If you know or suspect you have a frozen pipe and don’t want to call a plumber: turn off the faucet and look for bulges, cracks or frost on the pipe that feeds it. If you don’t see those signs, run a damp cloth over the pipe; the frozen section will usually frost over. Use a hair dryer or heating pad to melt the clog. IF the pipe is cracked, it will leak or burst when the clog thaws. That being said, I still think your best bet is to – CALL A PLUMBER! Also, if you are looking for any kind of contractor I might just have a good suggestion for you, give me a call.