As we all know, Portland is taking steps to go green. More bike lanes and better recycling options are good examples. Since spring is right around the corner, now might be the time to investigate some green gardening tips like ways to have a healthy lawn and trouble-shoot garden pests and diseases without using chemicals. You can also call Metro Recycling at 503-234-3000 for lots more tips!
I love spring and summer, but when the temperatures get into the 90s, well, I’m a weenie. Since it looks like the hot weather is going to come and go for a little while yet, I say thank goodness for air conditioning. Here are a few additional tips:
- Turn the lights off; and, when they’re on make sure you use incandescent or fluorescent lights instead of LEDs.
- Old fashioned fan with a bucket of ice water in front of it. It really makes a difference.
- Drink lots of liquids. If you’re hydrated, you’ll sweat which is nature’s way of keeping you cool.
- Pull the shades. Keep the sun out during the day.
- If none of the above work, you guessed it: it’s time to go to the beach!!